CW Botanicals, also known as Charlotte’s Web, offers three different strengths of hemp oil in their Everyday product line. They are available with oil containing 10, 25, or 83.3mg of CBD per 1mL, and all concentrations have 30mL and 100mL options. The higher concentrations and doses are advertised for clients with more intense “wellness issues.” Due to CBD being a plant supplement rather than a pharmaceutical product that the FDA would need to approve, CBD producing companies are legally limited in the verbiage they can use to describe their products’ effects. However, CW is backed by a non-profit called Realm of Caring, which can make health-related claims based upon the results of their research studies. Realm of Caring is also a great resource for finding a healthcare practitioner familiar with cannabinoids’ therapeutic properties.
CBD Source and Quality:
CW Botanicals makes its products exclusively from a now famous strain of hemp known as Charlotte’s Web. It was one of the first high-CBD content strains, and gained attention after helping a young girl named Charlotte Figi. Charlotte suffers from Dravet Syndrome, which can cause frequent, dangerous seizures. But after starting a daily regimen of CBD her condition improved dramatically.
The hemp genetics were “developed” by the Stanley Brothers through a long breeding program crossing various strains of hemp until the THC levels were low and the CBD content high. It is now grown on family farms across Colorado. CW Hemp maintains control of the entire process from growth to production, which ensures its organic status. The CBD in their tinctures is extracted using both CO2 and a solvent called isopropyl alcohol (IPA). Once extracted, the CBD isolate is mixed with either olive oil or MCT oil to create tinctures. MCT stands for medium chain triglycerides, and in common language is a type of modified coconut oil that doesn’t congeal at room temperature. They say all of their products are tested by an external lab, but don’t say how extensive the testing is or who is doing it. They also don’t post the results; you have to email their customer service to ask for them.
- $39.95 for 300 mg 30mL – $274.99 for 5000mg 100mL
- Available in 300 mg, 750 mg, 1500 mg in 30mL bottles
- 1000 mg, 2500 mg, 5000 mg in 100mL bottles
- Mint Chocolate, Olive Oil flavors
- Colorado grown hemp
- CO2 extraction
- Free domestic shipping over $30
- Contact for individual batch results
- Ingredients: Hemp Extract, MCT Fractionated Coconut Oil
- CW is known for donating to their affiliated non-profit, Realm of Caring, which is involved in a range of beneficial practices, from funding CBD research, to educating the public, to helping low income families gain access to CBD and medical marijuana.
- Products do not currently have an expiration date and have been evaluated to last at least 1 year.
- According to the CW website, their mint chocolate flavoring “contains no actual chocolate.” It makes you wonder what chemicals they’re using instead…
- Although they claim to provide results from the independent labs testing their hemp, these batch results are actually only available upon request with the batch number of a specific product. This makes it impossible to check their quality before you’ve already placed and received an order.
Payment Options: Visa, MasterCard, Discover.
Flavors: Mint Chocolate, Olive Oil.